      To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: riverlinejoe@...
      Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 01:41:55 +0000
      Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Fall Get Together

      I personally would prefer to do Mountain Lake in Late october after the foliage for two reasons. I am a volunteer on the Catskill Mountain Railroad and the foliage season is when we have heavy traffic. I will bne needed. Second anything worth seeing will be easier to spot after the foliage is down.

      To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
      From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
      Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 20:00:56 -0500

      Sorry Jerry,

      Forget about how old we are, how about how much of the day this would take?  It was just ideas.

      There's no way time-wise we could do all these activities.  If we wanted to get together to do

      the mile posts or Mountain Lake would have to be activities for different dates and times.  Also,

      the date isn't set in stone either.  So now, we have to see what is good for everyone and then see

      if there is a date that is consistent with most people.  Now we know that the 10th of October is

      good for you and that the end of October is good for Aaron.  I'm keeping tabs on all of this.  That's

      why I need some feedback!

      How dare you imply I was suggesting too much physical activity.  Me being 14 months

      pregnant is too much of a deterrent as it is!  I'll just count my blessings I'm not old like you!

      Gino

      From: Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@ gmail.com>
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Fall Get Together
      To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 6:55 PM

      Hi guys,

      Well, Paul and I were talking and thought we'd throw an idea out to the group.  What does

      October 3rd sound like?  We figure it's still nice out, usually not too rainy, the foliage will

      be nice and the Jewish holidays are out of the way.  A Mountain Lake Railroad Theme could

      be the theme.  We could set up a tour of the old Right-of-way, make a visit to the Fulton County

      Museum to see Eber Davis' Collection, spruce up the remaining mile-posts, take a bus ride,

      do some slide shows and show-and-tells and finish up with a nice dinner.

      Of course this is open to every one's input, but it definitely gives people time to make some travel plans.

      Also, the hotel rates are lower in October.

      Let us know what you all think and we'll go from there...

      Gino

      Italian #62

      --
      http://fjgrr. org
      http://ginosrailpag e.com

      Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic