13791RE: [FJGRailroad] An Alco Engine

    Apr 3, 2009
      Joe, if you want to know about the equpment at Colonie talk to the Mohawk and hudson chapter NRHS.  I don't know if Charlie Ballard is still with us but his wife Bobbie, would know all about them.  She is delightful to speak with about railroading.

      PKL

      To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: riverlinejoe@...
      Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 02:16:25 +0000
      Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] An Alco Engine

      If I knew how. I would do it. Now that I think about it, I may know someone who can tell me how to approach CP. I'll ask and get back to the list.

      To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
      From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
      Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:02:57 -0700

      Almost wonder if it's worth it to approach the chapter AND the Canadian Pacific.  The CP was the one who was threatening scrapping the equipment.

      -Aaron

      From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
      Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 20:13:33 -0700
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] An Alco Engine

      Joe,

      The engines at Colonie are already owned by the Mohawk & Hudson, NRHS, or by associates thereof.  I got the feeling they were not willing to part with them some time ago.  The LRHS wanted one of them at one point.  Who knows.

      -Aaron

      Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet Explorer 8. Download FREE now!

      Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.

      Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic