      From: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Aaron Keller
      Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:14 AM
      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] The Missing Link!

      To all;

      I have discovered and posted "the missing link" amongst the group of ICC valuation photos Saul kindly posted some ten years ago.

      No picture was available for image #40 when Saul copied the photos from the railroad many, many years ago.

      It turns out the FJ&G itself removed image #40 from the rest of the collection as the ICC tried to figure out the dimensions of a concrete retaining wall on the east side of the Gloversville yard.  As the point was argued, discussed, etc., photo #40 remained in a separate file stored inside the Gloversville freight house.

      Saul appears to have copied the collection with image #40 "lost."

      The image was discovered (not by me) when the freight house came down in the 90s.

      A copy of the image had been sitting in my hands for many years but I did not draw the immediate link to Saul's photos.

      Now it has retained its place among the others on our site.

      Interesting how these things that were separated decades ago by the railroad itself have a way of finding one another.

      Enjoy,