13426Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Glove City Coal Company

  • slamora1@nycap.rr.com
    Jan 17, 2009
      If Iremember correctly the structure was poured in 6 To 8 foot sections The first two or three were painted black i still have to look for the drawings I Think I might know were they are...

      Steve lamora
      ---- Paul Charland <p.charlie@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Here's four shots of the model I drew for the MSTS route. I can only
      > estimate the size of the structure based on reasonable sizing of other
      > structures in the Google Earth satellite shot. Each silo appears to be
      > 20' diameter and 60' tall. As seen on the line drawing the silos
      > overlap six inches in each direction... the center of the silos are at
      > 19' 6" from a common center point and not 20'.

      > "Glove City Coal" signs were painted on the two silos facing Kingsboro
      > Avenue, the signs them selves were painted on a white rectangle, below
      > that was silver, and below that was a black band around the bottom of
      > all silos (silver and white were only the width of the Reading sign).
      > The rest of the silos were concrete.
      >
      > Hope this helps, it's the best I could do without having drawings to
      > work from.
      >
      > Paul :-)
      >
      > jkr251 wrote:
      > > Thanks guys, I appreciate all the replies.
      > >
      > > The more I thought about this structure I began to realize I've only
      > > ever seen B&W photos of it. Which leads to my next question.
      > >
      > > The lower portion of the silos (approx. 15 to 20 feet??? - I'm just
      > > guessing here) appear to be painted. Unfortunately I have no idea what
      > > color paint was used. Any insights?
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > JR

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic