13425Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Glove City Coal Company

    Jan 17, 2009
      Hi,

      Here's four shots of the model I drew for the MSTS route. I can only
      estimate the size of the structure based on reasonable sizing of other
      structures in the Google Earth satellite shot. Each silo appears to be
      20' diameter and 60' tall. As seen on the line drawing the silos
      overlap six inches in each direction... the center of the silos are at
      19' 6" from a common center point and not 20'.

      "Glove City Coal" signs were painted on the two silos facing Kingsboro
      Avenue, the signs them selves were painted on a white rectangle, below
      that was silver, and below that was a black band around the bottom of
      all silos (silver and white were only the width of the Reading sign).
      The rest of the silos were concrete.

      Hope this helps, it's the best I could do without having drawings to
      work from.

      Paul :-)

      jkr251 wrote:
      > Thanks guys, I appreciate all the replies.
      >
      > The more I thought about this structure I began to realize I've only
      > ever seen B&W photos of it. Which leads to my next question.
      >
      > The lower portion of the silos (approx. 15 to 20 feet??? - I'm just
      > guessing here) appear to be painted. Unfortunately I have no idea what
      > color paint was used. Any insights?
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > JR
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic