13424Glove City Coal Company

    Jan 17, 2009
      The name was in black letters: Glove City Coal Company; the logo appears to be the standard Reading coal logo ofwhite letters in a black circle trimmed with a thin red band inside and out with the background for the word READING red.  The background for entire the sign was white.  The rest of the silos behind and below the "sign was painted silver.  The wooden parts were painted grey and the lift apprears to be black.

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: jkr251@...
      Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 16:32:09 +0000
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Glove City Coal Company

      Thanks guys, I appreciate all the replies.

      The more I thought about this structure I began to realize I've only
      ever seen B&W photos of it. Which leads to my next question.

      The lower portion of the silos (approx. 15 to 20 feet??? - I'm just
      guessing here) appear to be painted. Unfortunately I have no idea what
      color paint was used. Any insights?

      <http://www.lostland marks.org/ coalhouse1. html>,

      > > "Model Railroader published the blueprints of the FJ&G coalhouse
      in its March,1979 issue."

      > > Glenn
      > > Penacook, NH

      Windows Liveā„¢ HotmailĀ®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail. See how it works.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic