      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: p.charlie@...
      Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 20:34:02 -0400
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Fwd: Schenectady, NY - Gloversville Car & State St. Postcard - eBay (item 25024153

      Hi Paul,

      As you say, the few color shots of the combine appear to be a green and
      not brown. The roof and trucks appear to be a red, or maybe a fading
      red over silver, is this so or what were the actual colors of the roof
      and trucks?

      Paul :-)

      Paul Larner wrote:
      > Yes, they came Wagner Brown with gold leaf trimmings and remained
      > that way until painted in the traction orange scheme. That was the
      > standard color for all the FJ&G passenger equipment. Crimson was
      > standard before the Wagner Brown. Allegedly the combines were brown
      > not olive green. In some color photos they sure appear to be
      > greenish but I suspect, based on what I've heard, that is a weathered
      > Wagner brown. The green tint could also be a result of the varnish
      > applied over the paint.
      > PKL

      Stay in touch when you're away with Windows Live Messenger. IM anytime you're online.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic