13309RE: [FJGRailroad] Fwd: Schenectady, NY - Gloversville Car & State St. Postcard - eBay (item 25024153

    May 2, 2008
      Yes, they came Wagner Brown with gold leaf trimmings and remained that way until painted in the traction orange scheme.  That was the standard color for all the FJ&G passenger equipment.  Crimson was standard before the Wagner Brown.  Allegedly the combines were brown not olive green.  In some color photos they sure appear to be greenish but I suspect, based on what I've heard, that is a weathered Wagner brown.  The green tint could also be a result of the varnish applied over the paint.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: Gino.Dicarlo@...
      Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 17:44:09 -0500
      Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Fwd: Schenectady, NY - Gloversville Car & State St. Postcard - eBay (item 25024153

      So the 100's paint was more dark brown and never greenish?

      Gino

      From: fjgrailroad@ gmail.com
      Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 17:57:11 -0400
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Fwd: Schenectady, NY - Gloversville Car & State St. Postcard - eBay (item 250241533518 end time May-03-08 06:41:58 PDT)

      Steve Myers has given me the heads up on a great postcard on Ebay.
      It's of an FJ&G interurban going down State Street in Schenectady.

      Here's the link:

      http://cgi.ebay. com/ws/eBayISAPI .dllViewItem& ssPageName= STRK:MEBTOX: IT&i
      tem=250241533518& _trksid=p3984. cTODAY.m238. lVI

      http://ginosrailpag e.com
      http://fjgrr. org
      http://ginosmusicse rvice.com

      Windows Live SkyDrive lets you share files with faraway friends. Start sharing.

      Windows Live SkyDrive lets you share files with faraway friends. Start sharing.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic