13209RE: [FJGRailroad] good riddance

    Feb 28, 2008
      NO that's just one of two so far.  August hasn't been a bad time so far.  I'll get in touch with the city to see when they're celebrating their railfest.

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: akeller_1979@...
      Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:48:21 -0800
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] good riddance

      Should this be the date of the summer get-together?

      From: riverlinejoe@ hotmail.com
      Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:33:04 +0000

      A talk in Johnstown? Canyou supply details? Could I attend?
      To: fjgrailroad@ yahoogroups. com
      From: pklarner@hotmail. com
      Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 23:51:23 -0500

      I'm scheduled to do a talk in Johnstown this late spring regarding the FJ&G and its relationship with the village/city of Johnstown.  It was the JG&K, largely a Johnstown organization, when taken over by the Cayadutta, mostly outside money, that brought the downfall of the first FJ&G company.  Politics, prosperity and the bond issue combined to create the hostility.

      To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
      From: fjgbus@comcast. net
      Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:17:06 -0500
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] good riddance

      Re: Paul always said that Johnstown was never a big fan of the railroad, this
      must fester even 'till today. One of the Rome Loco Works employees
      who worked removing cars from the line said that the Johnstown locals
      shouted at the crews when they worked. He's sure he heard 'good riddance'
      several times...
      These must be people who didn't care about:
      The loss of manufacturing jobs to the third world,
      The decline and fall of the leather and glove industry,
      Good paying union wages replaced by so called "service jobs",
      Loss of population,
      Decline of schools,
      Decline of cities,
      And more
      Oh, those Johnstown folks... they really didn't understand.
      (Union Member)

      Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your "fix". Check it out.