      I will admit to being one of your old farts, but my 1950s memories are only so-so.  My wife accuses me of remembering minutia from 50-60 years ago, but not what she asked me to do five minutes ago.

      Morrel Vrooman was a civil and sanitary (water and sewer) engineering and design firm.  During my college years I had two occasions of part time employment with Vrooman.  The firm is now a wholly owned subsidiary of C T Main, a Boston based international civil and environmental engineering design firm.  Notice how the "sanitary engineering" description has evolved in our new P C culture.

      Dick

      On Nov 2, 2007, at 8:16 PM, Paul Larner wrote:

      I have heard of old farts who could remember everything from their childhood but not the past week.  I hope I'm not about to cross that line..

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
      From: p.charlie@sympatico .ca
      Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 20:09:50 -0400
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Another Dye Business?

      Hi Paul,

      I did turn up a Morrel Vrooman in a Google search that was an
      engineering firm in Upstate New York, just not in the
      Gloversville- Johnstown area, might be the same firm just moved out of
      the area. I see the building still stands as of the time the Google
      Earth shots were taken.

      Paul :-)

      Paul Larner wrote:
      > I believed Morrel Vrooman was an engineering (construction) company
      > but I can't say for sure, or I may have them mixed up with another
      > company with a similar name. I should have been buying those
      > Gloversville and county directories these past several years.
      >
      > PKL

      Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live OneCare! Try now!

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic