12756Re: [FJGRailroad] RE: [FJGRailroad Get Together]

  • Richard Finn
    Jul 10, 2007
      Hello Skip,

      A couple of weeks ago I was able to get a room at the Super 8 Motel right at the Amsterdam exit of the Thruway, through Travelocity.  It isn't the quietest place, but it is a convenient location.  There were also a couple of other one half star motels with higher rates in Amsterdam proper.

      As a last resort, there is the trucker's motel in Fultonville.

      Dick Finn

      Being a Congressman or Senator means that you never have to say you are sorry for the harm that you do to the USA.

      On Jul 9, 2007, at 3:55 PM, Skip Barber wrote:

      Paul and the group,

      If anyone can tell me where I can get a motel for the nights on Aug 10 and 11 in Fonda, Johnstown or Gloversville, I can  be there.  I have tried several motels and they are all booked up on the night of Aug. 11.  Is something else going on or is this affair that popular?

      Skip

      Paul Larner <pklarner@hotmail. com> wrote:
      Hello All in the Group,

      The Gathering will commence between 9:00 and 9:30 a.m. on the 11th of August at the Fulton County Museum on Kingsboro Avenue.  With more discussion with you to follow the present plan is to open to the public and start a program of photos of the FJ&G industries and customers.  I'm sure ther will be plenty of discussion as the photos of sights long passed evoke memories.  This ought to be able to last until noon when we can break for lunch and some sight seeing as the weather dictates.

      Maybe 2:00 p.m. we can start a second series of discussions, one on the history of the railroad.  If I do that one it will surely be too long.  Any volunteers?  Second, if any one has something they would like to show: slides etc. taken over the years this would be great. Slide shows always generate interest.

      Now about show and tell:  take pictures of your collections of FJ&G artifacts, let us know what has been preserved.  Recount your stories that make the FJ&G close to the railroad part of your heart.

      DInner is at 6:00; reservations have een made for 25 at this time.  It is helpful that you confirm to me your intentions to share a meal with us.  Since we are a large group in a small venue it is good to have a close idea how much space we will need.

      I have been presented with other ideas which when confirmed will be made known.

      Looking forward to fine weather and companionship on the 11th.  Wish we could do a steam excursion Fonda to Broadalbin - we may be doing it in photos and film, maybe at this point in time.

      PKL

      Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile

      Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic