12575RE: [FJGRailroad] Odds & ends

    May 28, 2007
      The only thing at Sandbank is the sand. The rest has been history for some time.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: Gino.Dicarlo@...
      Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 22:56:07 -0500
      Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Odds & ends

      CSX shuffling cars in Sandbank?

      From: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com]
      On Behalf Of joseph Klapkowski
      Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 11:26 PM
      To: HudsonRiverRailLine s@Yahoogroups. com; dandh@yahoogroups. com;
      FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Odds & ends

      I was upstate in Johnstown this weekend where I managed to get the John
      Deere stuck in the mud. On the way back home today i was pleased to see
      Guilford # 54 coupled long hood east to a consist at Rotterdam Junction.

      This was probably just the local coupled to the road power. The consist
      was 54, 317,347 and 690. By the way Guilford pang for a new trailer at
      RJ that they leased from William Scotsman.

      Further along I saw one of the GE units outside the plant but could not
      see the number because of the height of the guardrail.

      At the old Sandbank yard I spotted CSX 6201 shuffling cars.

      As I passed Kenwood I saw CP 7308 sitting by the yard office with that
      Wide Vision caboose. The northbound intermodal left town around 11:30
      but I did not see the power as the kids and I were touring the Destroyer
      Escort down by Dutch Apple Cruises. FWIW I recommend a visit to that
      ship. For the five of us the admission was 29 bucks, not cheap, but not
      like going to Yankee Stadium either. They give a nice guided tour and
      the ship has been nicely restored.... ....except that I was below deck
      when the Intermodal left town.
      I could hear it but not see it.

      Some tid bits from my journey home.

      PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best Web mail-award-winning
      Windows Live Hotmail.
      http://imagine- windowslive. com/hotmail/ ?locale=en- us&ocid=TXT_ TAGHM_migr
      ation_HM_mini_ pcmag_0507

      Visit The FJ&G Store At http://www.cafepres s.com/fjgrr
      Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
      http://www.lostland marks.org
      Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State
      at
      http://ny.existings tations.com/
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Change is good. See what's different about Windows Live Hotmail. Check it out!
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic