12574RE: [FJGRailroad] Odds & ends

    May 28, 2007
      CSX shuffling cars in Sandbank?

      From: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of joseph Klapkowski
      Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 11:26 PM
      To: HudsonRiverRailLines@...; dandh@yahoogroups.com;
      FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Odds & ends

      I was upstate in Johnstown this weekend where I managed to get the John
      Deere stuck in the mud. On the way back home today i was pleased to see
      Guilford # 54 coupled long hood east to a consist at Rotterdam Junction.

      This was probably just the local coupled to the road power. The consist
      was 54, 317,347 and 690. By the way Guilford pang for a new trailer at
      RJ that they leased from William Scotsman.

      Further along I saw one of the GE units outside the plant but could not
      see the number because of the height of the guardrail.

      At the old Sandbank yard I spotted CSX 6201 shuffling cars.

      As I passed Kenwood I saw CP 7308 sitting by the yard office with that
      Wide Vision caboose. The northbound intermodal left town around 11:30
      but I did not see the power as the kids and I were touring the Destroyer
      Escort down by Dutch Apple Cruises. FWIW I recommend a visit to that
      ship. For the five of us the admission was 29 bucks, not cheap, but not
      like going to Yankee Stadium either. They give a nice guided tour and
      the ship has been nicely restored........except that I was below deck
      when the Intermodal left town.
      I could hear it but not see it.

      Some tid bits from my journey home.

      PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best Web mail-award-winning
      Windows Live Hotmail.
      http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migr
      ation_HM_mini_pcmag_0507

      Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
      http://www.lostlandmarks.org
      Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State
      at
      http://ny.existingstations.com/
      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic