      From: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of joseph Klapkowski
      Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 11:47 AM
      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G on MSTS

      Make sure that your train simulator includes the low joint at the Rt 29
      grade crossing next to the laudromat where I can watch the rails move just
      like back when I was a wee lad accompanying my Mom into town.

      href="mailto:p.charlie%40sympatico.ca">p.charlie@sympatico .ca>
      FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
      >Subject:
      [FJGRailroad] FJ&G on MSTS
      >Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 10:52:41
      -0500

      >Hi All,
      >
      >Seeing as I have no room for a real
      FJ&G layout I've started to
      >seriously consider drawing the FJ&G
      in MicroSoft Train Sim. I've talked
      >to Gino about the idea and he's
      mentioned this to Toby Schwartzman.
      >Toby has drawn a set of Thrall
      boxcars in CACV and FJ&G and has the
      >beginnings of FJ&G 20 in the
      works. I'm just starting to learn how to
      >create things in MSTS, just in
      time for MicroSoft to announce they are
      >coming out with version 2 of the
      program and have not let anyone know if
      >the original files will work in
      the new version.

      >I still think this is a good idea, I have plenty
      of space on my hard
      >drive to operate a complete version of the FJ&G
      compared to not having
      >space for a cramped model
      railroad.

      >Toby asked the other day what era the MSTS version
      should be. I thought
      >about it and with the limitations of the current
      train sim, I started
      >thinking the Penn Central years. In MSTS you can
      have to computer run
      >trains that you set up when you create activities to
      simulate. You can
      >use these for passing trains and set up meets but you
      can't get the
      >computer to, let's say, set out a cut of cars at the
      interchange. You
      >could set up the Broadalbin mixed to return to
      Gloversville but after
      >the train stops it would disappear. My thoughts
      about setting the era
      >to the late '60s or early '70s would that the
      FJ&G would pretty much
      >operate as a one crew railroad and therefore
      the only computer
      >controlled trains would be the PC run-through trains
      that would be sort
      >of neat to see as you make up your train in
      Fonda.

      >If anyone has any thought about this I'd sure like to hear
      them.

      >Paul
      :-)

      something more.