      From: Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@...>
      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 2:09:12 AM
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Rumors

      This is from Paul.  He wrote me off-group, so I'm forwarding it now...

      Running a rail line up to the Johnstown industrial park is really not a big
      stretch.  Million dollars a mile is peanuts for a large corporation if they
      intend to build a plant and "stay" there.  Wallamrt might consider
      cooperation if there were some real interest to rebuild from another
      company.  They could surely find a use for rail.  (They probably already use
      rail via container of f the ships to Selkirk or Syracuse then by hiway.) Of
      course all businesses today want the federal government to put up the money
      - but the Republicans are now out of favor - no more corporate handouts - I
      would hope.

      It's the high bridge that will kill the interest.  Replacing that is a big
      deal.  I would be very surprised it could handle a 143 ton car, the new load
      standard four four axles.  Bridge 1 at Fonda would need work too but that is
      negligible compared to bridge 2.

      Paul

      On 11/15/06, Mark Wilber <mwilber2001@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      Gino- This subject was being talked about but I thought it was garbage talk. When I talk to a very high source,I was told they were looking in as a possibility, not definite. Im just passing what I heard.