      From: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Aaron Keller
      Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 12:52 AM
      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Trolley Tracks

      A few years ago they repaved Rte. 30 through Amsterdam (the old part of
      Main St. that they didn't tear out during Urban Renewal). The trolley
      tracks are all still there. I didn't take any pictures, though... sorry.
      I think it may have happened while I was in college.

      Construction work on North Main St. in Gloversville also involved the
      tearing-up of some of the street between the Cumberland Farms and the post
      office. Tracks were revealed there as well.

      In both cases, I believe the tracks were laid even with the old paving
      stones. It would be a mess to tear all that stuff up.