12169Re: [FJGRailroad] Rumors

    Nov 15, 2006
      The track materials are in gondolas in Fonda Yard. The relay rail is coming
      from Amtrak's plant in Delaware on the 30th. The plan is to run the train up
      the Harrisburgh Buffalo main so it will be facing the right direction when
      it gets to Fonda. Hulcher will be on hand to pull the rail off the train at
      Fonda. Adirondack Power and Light will provide the power for the overhead
      catenary system which will be installed after the track has been relaid. An
      NJT E-60 will be the sole power until negotiations can be completed with
      NdeM to get the operable PA out of the museum in Nogales.
      The original FJ&G 44 tonner has been purchased from the Associated Feed
      Mills in Iowa and is already moving east on CSX. The 44 tonner will be used
      for switching moves and will also have an electrical cabinet installed so
      that it may be used on the main. I(n addition the Mohawk Hudson chapter has
      agreed to lease the last T motor to the railroad. This unit will also be
      converted to AC propulsion.

      The operator is a startup company known as The Fonda and Fultonville
      Electric Railway and will maintain thier world headquarters in Fonda in the
      brick commercial building next to the Canajoharie National Bank Branch.

      And if you believe any of this I have a bridge in Brooklyn you may find of
      interest...............
      >From: Dave Brennan <oldcrab62@...>
      >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Rumors
      >Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 05:54:42 -0800 (PST)
      >
      > A while back , Ben Moore paint co. said they would be interested "
      >IF" the tracks were there. Dave
      >

      >mwilber2001 <mwilber2001@...> wrote:
      > Anyone hear anything about a possibilty of laying track from
      >Fonda to
      >the industrial park in Johnstown? I first heard it I thought it was
      >just non-sense,but then I heard it from a reliable source.Is there a
      >plastic co. nearby the industrial park? Mark

      >Sponsored Link
      >
      >Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $310,000 Mortgage for $999/mo - Calculate
      >new house payment

      Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and better handle your cash with
      Live Search!
      http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic