12083Meeting Place

    Sep 9 6:17 AM
      Gerry, That is an excellent location, centrally located to each end of the
      line and not hard to reach from Goversville or Johnstown. Since it was rare
      someone from Gloversville or Johnstown made our meetings my vote is to go
      for it. Several years ago I did a program for them on the FJ&G and the
      Hagaman line with a real good turnout. They are an active group with
      interest in the FJ&G as well. Is Merril Dye still attending their meetings?
      He is an older gentleman, in his mid nineties and the son of Fred Dye, to
      whom we owe our gratitude for his wisdom in photographing the railroad.
      Unfortunately his negatives, I have been told, went to someone in Vermont,
      not me, years ago; they have not surfaced.

      PKL

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic