12008Re: [FJGRailroad] NSL Cars

    Jul 24, 2006
      This is exactly what I'm talking about.  That's what I was looking for.  It was the fact that the FJG/PC cars had friction-bearing trucks making them incompatible today!  I thought that any car that was over 30 years old couldn't be switched over a class 1 railroad...

      On 7/22/06, Aaron Keller <akeller1979@...> wrote:

      The FJ&G/LASB boxcars had friction bearing trucks... the NSL cars had
      roller bearing trucks... if that's what you're getting at.

      Friction bearing trucks aren't used today.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic