12004Re: [FJGRailroad] NSL Cars

    Jul 22, 2006
      I heard at the time this started being a problem for the NSL they had a
      100 ton hopper of coal show up at the Conrail interchange in Norwood for
      the Psychiatric Hospital in Ogdensburg. Took nearly a week to send cars
      away to be stored on other railroads as well as plugging every siding
      they could in order to open the mainline up and deliver the car... just
      in time for the next one to show up!

      Paul :-)

      joseph Klapkowski wrote:

      > The M&NJ had the same problem. Cars were being returned and they literally
      > had to get out a chainsaw and clear the south end of the M&NJ ROW so they
      > had a place to store them. In the M&NJ's case they only used the first five
      > miles of the line so this meant that the south end of the railroad, which
      > had not seen a wheel in the rails in many many years had to be cleared. They
      > discovered that in a couple of places someone had actually removed some of
      > the rails.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic