      Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2006 10:52 PM
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] High Bridge Owner/Shermans Live Steam

      Montgomery County Heritage Day was today at the old courthouse in
      Fonda.  I spent a couple hours yesterday putting up most of the FJ&G
      display from the fair.  Among other questions that I couldn't answer
      today was "Who now owns the High Bridge?"  I figure someone out there
      in the group has this information.

      And on a different subject, Bob Cudmore's column in the Gazette today
      includes some recollections of Sherman's Park dating back to the mid-
      40's.  Quoting a reader's letter the column states: "Now to the point
      of Sherman's amusement park.  It had the traditional small carousel, a
      small ferries wheel, a few other rides, various food vendors and a LIVE
      STEAM park-type railroad which made a couple of loops around a small
      cove and a trestle over a portion of the water.  I would
      estimate the track gauge was about one foot."  My experience with
      Sherman's starts about 20 years later and I had never heard that they
      had a live steam train there.  Anyone else remember this?

      Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
      Yahoo! Groups Links