11672Re: [FJGRailroad] Digest Number 1803

    Mar 4, 2006
      Well I would bet that I have heard one of those stories before. The story
      about the farmer's so n and the jack ass racing the train is my favorite
      because of wjhere i heard it. In the Yard Office in Oswego one night just
      before I got a ride to Dewitt and back on the head end.

      >From: Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>
      >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Digest Number 1803
      >Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 11:21:44 -0500
      >
      >Have you seen this page of the Wiki:
      >
      >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome,_Watertown_and_Ogdensburg_Railroad
      >
      >Paul :-)
      >
      >joseph Klapkowski wrote:
      > > There is precious little written about the Hojack west of Oswego.
      >According
      > > to my NYC ETT the hojack actuall ended at a place called Tower 65 which
      >was
      > > somewhere near Niagara Falls. I have an old RW&O public timetable that
      >of
      > > course shows the destination as Suspension Bridge.
      > >
      > > Anyone know where tower 65 was. Better yet anyone belong to the NYC
      > > Historical society ? Maybe some member there would have some info on the
      > > line.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic