11670Re: [FJGRailroad] Digest Number 1803

    Mar 4 9:24 AM
      Location of tower 65. Today where the Amtrak trains come in from Toronto
      they stop for customs just as they come off the bridge. At that point can
      be seen the remnants ofteh RW&O line which went north to Lewiston and
      further along the lake shore. This point where the lines crossed was the
      location of NYC tower 65 which seems to have controlled the junction. For
      reference I use NYC employee timetable No. 7, Buffalo division.

      Paul

      >From: Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>
      >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Digest Number 1803
      >Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 11:21:44 -0500
      >
      >Have you seen this page of the Wiki:
      >
      >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome,_Watertown_and_Ogdensburg_Railroad
      >
      >Paul :-)
      >
      >joseph Klapkowski wrote:
      > > There is precious little written about the Hojack west of Oswego.
      >According
      > > to my NYC ETT the hojack actuall ended at a place called Tower 65 which
      >was
      > > somewhere near Niagara Falls. I have an old RW&O public timetable that
      >of
      > > course shows the destination as Suspension Bridge.
      > >
      > > Anyone know where tower 65 was. Better yet anyone belong to the NYC
      > > Historical society ? Maybe some member there would have some info on the
      > > line.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic