11520Amtrak

  • Stephen G. Myers
    Nov 11, 2005
      Much is true here, Amtrak is a democrat baby with no real reason to
      tighten its belt since it is on the nipple of the taxpayer. it is a
      bottomless pit, all the political appointees have been democrat clowns
      like Dukakis, now Bush is bad to fill posts with republicans? It is hard
      to be a train buff and watch a decline in any type of rail service, but
      the choice is to cut spending somewhere or grow the government even more.
      Conrail was the same scenario, don't tighten the belt because Uncle Sam
      will pay the bills. It was only in the 1980's that Ronald Reagan put the
      squeeze on Conrail and it turned into a well run company. My concern is
      to see a good rail passenger service in America, paying fair and
      competitive wages. Like the postal service or public transportation, it
      will not turn a profit, so what price are we the taxpayers willing to
      pay? Don't get me wrong, I feel that both parties are evil and corrupt,
      but I do favor the core values of one party, too bad they don't stick to
      them.

      Steve

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic