11231Annual Get Together August 6, 2005

  • pklarner
    Jul 26, 2005
      Was up to Gloversville today to put touches on plans. We will be
      able to tour the former machine shop in the morning. Tentatively I
      would say we should walk or drive down there to arrive by 11:00 or
      sooner. the owners have a wedding in the afternoon but were
      agreeable to accommodate us.

      Set up at the library will be around 9:00. There will be a few
      tables. All the digital audio visual tools we need are there, so I
      will do the power point thing after we get back from the tour and
      lunch (hot dogs at Tegeos??)

      The museum expects us (wives)later in the afternoon, say 3:00 or 3:30
      which will keep my gabbing short (always time for questions,
      though). In between we have thousands (1235 on one CDRom, alone)of
      FJ&G photos among us that can be projected using their set up, and
      the VCR will be there for VSH presentations. If you have movies or
      slides it would be best to bring your own project. We won't run out
      of things to view. The room is air conditioned.

      Sorry I can't make the meeting tomorow night; I'll be in NYC.

      Have reached out to a few others in the area who are closet FJ&G fans
      but most say they are committed to other events. 23 lined up for
      dinner today; if you haven't done so yet, please let me know if you
      plan to share a meal with us.

      Anything else I forgot to mention?