11048Re: [FJGRailroad] Re:Broadalbin Station

    May 2 9:43 AM
      No Bob, if you're standing in front of the Saratoga Station, Route 9N
      is to your right and Route 29 is South to your left. You need to head
      about a half mile south of the station to get to Saratoga Yard. Yes,
      it is after a curve which extends from the Route 29 overpass to the
      Grand Ave. Overpass. The Grand Ave. overpass is closest to the yard.

      Send me the shot and I'll forward it to my CPRail friends (Employees)
      who can identify it!

      Gino

      On 5/2/05, oleroadslug <suds@...> wrote:
      > > That sounds like The Catskill Game-Farm.
      > >

      > >...as is the list lately. ;-)
      >

      > Now that I've offended everyone and gotten attention; please help a
      > ailing memory.
      >
      > The Broadalbin Station. Is that the jalopy of a building (when I was
      > there in the 80's greenish color ) next to the little bit of
      > remaining track, creek- across from ( or close to MEATLAND )? I used
      > to work there.
      >
      > Excellent meats.
      >
      > I thought my boss had been using that building as storage. Is
      > Meatland still there?
      >
      > Gino, I also need help in recognizing Saratoga Springs yard; with a
      > StL&H train. For some odd reason, the halfmoon shape of the yard
      > throws me off, and I lose direction. Even when I lived out there.
      >
      > If your standing at the old D&H (maybe now new ) station site, to
      > your right is 29 overpass, to your left it curves towards the south
      > and the yard or am I reversed? I'll send the pic to the list.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Bob Schoneman
      >

      > Visit Gino's Railpage at
      > http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/