11027Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Chicago Line

  • Gerald Snyder
    Apr 28, 2005
      Unfortunately, yes, it all has to do with money. I
      know I used to enjoy going to work at least some days,
      but top management seems to have adopted the
      squeeze-all-you-can-out-of-them attitude and
      everything has become a one way street. They
      constantly remind you that you're being paid to do
      your job, not put in x number of hours, so if the day
      becomes 10 or 12 hours long because things have to get
      done, so be it. And being on salary means overtime
      does nothing for your take-home. Nobody remembers the
      60 hours last week when you need an hour for the
      doctor this week - just be sure you make it up this
      week. And if you have to come in weekends or days
      off, that's just part of the job - no comp time for
      that. But the part that really bothers me is that the
      bean counters are starting to impact our ability to do
      the technically right thing, which is what has kept us
      out of trouble for the last 50 years. Just look at
      what's happened to NASA. There's some things that
      just can't be done faster, better, and cheaper. End of
      rant. Time to go see my son get inducted into the
      Nation Honor Society.
      Jerry

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic