10994RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Cushing Model 40

    Apr 7, 2005
      It can likely be had for the price of a good snowmobile. When the Conway
      Scenic purchased No. 15, a 44 tonner, from the Maine Central a corporation
      was set up, shares sold to raise the funds and the rest is history. It
      might look good trimmed up in traction orange.

      The city of Gloversville might be amenable to replacing a track between
      South Main St and West Spring on which an operation similar to Rich's
      Syracuse train could bring shoppers from the south end to the city center.
      The corporation could then buy up a bushel bag of tokens and issue them for
      transportation. Is anyone who actually lives in Gloversville or Johnstown
      on this list? The corporation would need a caretaker and business manager.

      PKL

      >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
      >To: <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Cushing Model 40
      >Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 07:04:43 -0500
      >
      >Sounds like fun to me! Heck, we'll put it on the 50 feet of track near
      >Broadalbin station and give
      >rides for 50 cents!!! A real short ride at that!!!
      >
      >Gino

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic