10561RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Unattended baggage

    Nov 9, 2004
      Trouble with the tiger today is it has no home. In the days of the cold war
      we knew where the tiger slept.

      What will it be like when the disaffected in this country start mayhem as
      they did in the late sixties and early seventies. Anyone remember the
      "weathermen", SDS and other malcontents bent on disrupting the status quo.

      Terrorism is a repetitive event of US history, previously home grown, just
      been quiet for a generation. That's measured between the time I received my
      children till they received theirs. Think of it: a whole generation of white
      kids who never experienced real war, want or fear. Any wonder why we have
      overreacted.

      Who are the most significant "home grown" terrorists today? Could it be
      those who undertake to bomb abortion clinics; snipe murder abortion
      practitioners, hide them and fund their escape to Europe - all in the name
      of God (allah). Think Eric Rudolph and his ilk, underground of late.

      What makes this country great is its openess. I recall my thoughts when the
      barricades went up around the white house, then after the bombings federal
      facilities commenced the barricades went up at those places. Fear is the
      greatest enemy. It breeds a distrust of differences rather than an
      embracing of ideas, ultimately destroying from inside what a terrorist can't
      otherwise breach, love and tolerance.

      PKL

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic