10488Panarama Photos

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Sep 12, 2004
      These photos are amazing. It's like stepping back in time. The people in the shots had no idea they would be imortalized in these pictures. I like the West Fulton crossing in particular. The building at trackside which was Berghoff's Grocery has fine modeling potential. Also. the second car on the siding across the street is an ice reefer, but I can't make out the road name. Graziano Brothers produce was right there. Do you think this was their shipment? What other businesses on the line would have received carlot produce? Modelers should notice how at the points where the trolley line crossed the railroad, that the trolley wire had to be raised for clearance and that at this point, pickup was from a wire mesh channel to keep the trolley pole from becoming disconnected thereby stalling the car on the tracks.
      Saul