10301Re: ID These Please!

  • stevefjg30
    Jul 1, 2004
      Hi Paul the first photo is IGA foods the building was built in thmid
      to late 50"s I think there is two to three unloading doors there.I
      built it with two.The second is a short siding looking at the
      valuation map there is no siding then so i would think it was put in
      the 40's or 50's it ran up to W Canal st.I think Coal was unloaded
      here and boxcars for one of the off line tannerys thats just a
      guess.I have better photos of the location and the siding i'll try to
      post them for you.

      Steve

      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
      wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > I'm starting to draw Johnstown today and while back dating the
      track
      > from the mid '70s to the late '50s I've come across two structures
      that
      > were served but have no idea what they were. They appeared in the
      > northbound photos that Gino posted.
      >
      > The first is at the left of this shot with a CPR boxcar in the
      siding,
      > the shot is labeled "STA337+62 Jtown W Fulton Street":
      >
      > http://fjgrr.org/ROW/ROW-Pages/Image55.html
      >
      > The second shot is right across the tracks from the one above,
      where the
      > Wabash car is spotted. Can't really see much of the place from any
      of
      > the photos but I'm hoping someone will recognize the location and
      who
      > was using it back in the late '50s:
      >
      > http://fjgrr.org/ROW/ROW-Pages/Image56.html
      >
      > Thanks for the help.