10148Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Two Fonda Questions

    Jun 9, 2004
      Hi Glenn,

      I truly think you are right, for such a small line it is very well
      documented and photographed. When I first got on the internet five
      years ago I looked around for some of my favorite railroads, the CV,
      LVRC, VTR, and the FJ&G. After hitting dead ends for the first three I
      was shocked to find Gino's FJ&G site with loads of photos and
      information. I couldn't find a single shot of the LVRC and not much
      more on what I would have thought to be more common roads like the CV
      and VTR.

      Paul :-)

      Glenn J. Williams wrote:

      > Paul,
      >
      > PKL always brings loose-leaf binders full of pictures of how things
      > were Back In The Day, which never fails to grab my attention.
      >
      > The FJ&G has to have been one of the most photographed short lines
      > around. From what I can determine, it was mostly by the locals,
      > too. I've always wondered what the percentage of amateur to
      > professional shots was.
      >
      > Glenn
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic