Re: [FIPsupport-group] Josie 15 months

  • Loreen & Tanner
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003

      I don't know how long she has :(  We will keep her in our thoughts and prayers and just love her as much as you can.

      Loreen & Tanner

       "mookaman89 <mookaman89@...>" <mookaman89@...> wrote:

      Josie has an extended abdomen and was taken to the Humane Society NYC
      on Saturday. She has been diagnosed with FIP.  I have a multi cat
      household (which are all older cats).  The dr. gave me prednizone and
      clavamox.  She gave her about a month.  I cancelled my vacation next
      week because I want to be there if she needs to be euthanized.  She
      looks very very pregnant and is 6 lbs. She suffered from severe
      mastitis and was hospitalized and then spayed as soon as her
      mammories went down.  It was horrible.  I can't believe this is
      happening to such a sweet cat.  I pulled her from a van chasis as a
      kitten.  How much time does Josie have?

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Meg Hall
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
        I understand what you are saying, but she looks like
        she is about to give birth. The fluid is filling in
        her abdomen which means its no longer dormant. She
        does not have years to live. The doctor said possibly
        a month. Thanks for your support.
        --- sjsnorse@... wrote:
        > Josie may have years ahead of her. She may be with
        > you for years to come and
        > go on to lead a normal life. When it comes to FIP
        > with all the medication and
        > everything else the final conclusion is: THEY DO NOT
        > KNOW! I have 4 other
        > cats that lived with my Chris who passed away and
        > the DNA test says that they
        > had a positive titer. Well, for cats that may be
        > sick they show no signs of
        > anything wrong. I have not put my cats on ANY
        > medications. The best you can
        > do is keep her comfortable, clean purified or
        > bottled water and good food. (I
        > have always used Science Diet and I am now using the
        > Science Diet Natures
        > Best Chicken). I have a friend who takes in FIV and
        > FeLV and they do the same
        > thing and her cats live over 12 years. Just keep her
        > as stress free as you
        > can because that is also a big and I mean BIG factor
        > in FIP. When my cat had
        > his blood work done his stress level was over 2,000.
        > I wish you the best!
        >
        > Sonja
        > and the 4 legged fuzzybutts

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Meg Hall
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
          I understand no one knows...I'm so worried about her.
          Thanks so much for your support and response. Take
          care. Meg and the guys.

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • Samiluke@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5, 2003
            Hi,

            I second what Sonja said.  FIP is very difficult to accurately diagnose, so there is a chance the diagnosis could be incorrect, no matter how wonderful the vet is.  I always recommend a second opinion in the case of an FIP diagnosis.  I will be keeping sweet little Josie in my prayers.  Please keep us posted & take care.

            Yvonne

            In my dreams I always see you soar above the sky.
            In my heart there'll always be a place for you for all my life.
            I'll keep a part of you with me
            And everywhere I am there you'll be.*

            In Loving Memory of All My Precious Angels

            *There'll You'll Be
            from the Pearl Harbor Soundtrack
          • Meg Hall
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2003
              Thanks so much. She is running around and eating.
              This makes me crazy. I'll go to the private vet this
              week. Thanks for the prayers.