RE: [FHCNET] Inventory Manager

  • Terri Jaskolka
    Message 1 of 41 , Feb 9, 2005
      Okay, I'm a little late coming into this, but I seem to remember seeing a
      utility within the program itself that would delete films no longer at the
      center.

      BUT before you do this, I agree with Russell - Why? One thing he didn't
      mention was that once the information for a film (title, description,
      location, surname) has been entered into the system, the next time someone
      orders a particular film that is a part of your database, those fields will
      automatically be filled in. Granted, this probably won't happen too often,
      given the statistics involved, but it IS a small thrill to enter in the film
      number and to NOT have to do any more than add the patron's name to the
      order. :)

      - Terri J.
      NC Raleigh FHC

    • Robert Givens
      Message 41 of 41 , May 8, 2009
        You should be able to delete the films from IM. KD 5602c_en addresses this issue but actually the details come from pages 28 - 30 in the Family History center Inventory Manager 2.2 Users Guide. Here is what it says:
        To delete a microfilm from your inventory, click the Next Record icon or Previous Record icon to display that microfilm on the screen. Then click the Delete Record icon on the toolbar. On the confirmation message, click Yes.
        IMHO the key though is this statement from that KD: Use the Inventory screen to add or correct information about items in your inventory. Only an administrator-level staff member, such as the director, can add or edit inventory information.

        Please make sure the person fixing this is a person who has administrative rights. If this doesn't work you may need to call back in explain you have done as KD 5602c_en indicates and they should pass you up the food chain to the techs who can fix things in ways we mortals can't.

        Robert Givens