Re: [FHCNET] Re: [Holiday party game ideas

  • Patty Gaddis
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2004
      We played some games last year at one of our meetings. Trying to make
      things fun so librarians will come.

      We had a crossword puzzle on genealogy words and did a scavenger hunt. The
      whole scavenger hunt was focused on what could be found in the Library
      Catalog. They were given specific things to find and told they could use
      any resource in the library. Some could be found other places, but all
      could be found in FHLC. I could pass the questions on if you'd like. I
      made some of them a little tricky. Each table could only have one person
      in the library at a time to help with congestion in our small
      library. While one was in looking up something, the others were
      brainstorming on the other questions.

      We also had a wedding theme one month. We brought a bunch of wedding
      photos in of relatives and put a roll of toilet paper on each table not
      telling them what we were doing. We then told them each table was to pick
      a "bride" and dress them in their wedding gown using the toilet paper. I
      was afraid they wouldn't like it, but it was well received.

      Anyway, just some ideas.

      Patty
      At 10:29 AM 11/30/2004, you wrote:

      >How about cooking an ancestor's recipe -- or a family traditional recipe?
      >Also, bring a short story about an ancestor or parent to tell - you could
      >have
      >them write it down, omit revealing names, read the story and guess who
      >brought
      > it.
      >
      >Terry's Two Cents' Worth
      >_www.matson.info_ (http://www.matson.info)
    • Patty Gaddis
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004
        I had quite a few people ask me for a copy of the scavenger hunt we had
        done so I uploaded it to the fhcnet pages. It was for our meeting we had
        around Veteran's Day, so the questions focused on that.

        Hope it is helpful to people.

        Patty