James in Dutch

  • Dana Repouille
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
      What is James in Dutch?

      I just talked with my aunt, and she told me about an ancestor named James
      Theofield Wathey. She said that the Dutch version of his name appears on his
      tombstone.

      Dana
    • Marlene Marshall
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
        www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prarie/3374/dutchname1.htm has a large list of Dutch names and their English translations. James is Jacobus which happens to be my son-in-law's last name and is pronounced
        Ja CO bus.
        Marlene
        I just talked with my aunt, and she told me about an ancestor named James
        Theofield Wathey. She said that the Dutch version of his name appears on his
        tombstone.

        Dana

        or send blank email to FHCNET-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      • Marlene Marshall
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
          If that web site does not work, go to www.google.com, type in Dutch name and it is the 5th item that comes up.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
            From: "Dana Repouille" <drepouille@...>

            What is James in Dutch?
            =========================

            Dana,

            You might check the freeware Dutch to English translation program available
            at:

            http://www.mofunzone.com/downloadsoftware/500000025259.shtml

            Jim G.
          • Jim Guest
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
              From: "Marlene Marshall" <marlene@...>

              James is Jacobus which happens to be my son-in-law's last name and is
              pronounced
              Ja CO bus.
              ===============================

              Marlene,

              Yes, that would make sense. I know that my name (James) is Jacob in some
              languages.

              Jim G.
            • Rob Hubert
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
                Hi Dana,

                The Dutch translation for James is Jacob or so Marlene already has written
                Jacobus, but Jacob is the first choose.

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Rob Hubert, Haarlem, Netherlands
                hubert14@... or
                r.hubert@...
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                --------
                In- en uitgaande e-mail gecontroleerd door Norton Antivirus 2003
                In- and Outgoing mail checked by Norton Antivirus 2003
                --------

                > What is James in Dutch?

              • Anita G Clayton
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 3, 2004
                  Dana,

                  there is a Dutch word list on line at Familysearch.org, haven't looked in
                  it for James but you could give it a try.

                  Anita