BY vs JS Confusion

  • Dana A. Repouille
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2003
      http://meridian.ldsroots.com/

      Note the family trees of both Brigham Young and Joseph Smith are identical.
      It looks like BY assumed a lot more than just the "mantle of the Prophet
      Joseph."

      Dana
    • Steve Fox
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
        Maybe that's why they call their web site "One Great Family."

        Steve

        >>> drepouille@... 02/01/03 09:38AM >>>

        or send blank email to FHCNET-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
          Hi Steve, u gave me a name and email addr for someone in IM support, thied it
          with no response..After the LDSNET conversion, no "automatic" connection to my
          modem exists, I have to kick start it in My Computer, dialup networking, select
          my connection, and select the connect tab, then some more ugly stuf, and,
          voila, I'm connected, but IM and a regular IE start get a system error...:-(
          --
          Regards, Fred, Lynbrook NY FHC
          http://home.att.net/~unclefred
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
            Hello to the list. This is a bit off-topic, but someone here will know
            the answer....

            My son-in-law's Maine ancestry includes Rowland Young, b. 1620 or
            earlier, came to York, Maine, abt 1636. His wife was Joan Knight.

            Rowland Young is reportedly an ancestor of Brigham Young. Hey, this will
            be easy, I thought (some years ago). Well, not so. The recent thread
            here on FHCNET reminds me it's time to try again. I find a regrettable
            mishmash in the IGI.

            Ancestral File is worse -- gives three generations of ancestors for
            Rowland Young, but shows his grandfather born abt 1530, son of a man
            born abt 1535. (Yes, I copied those dates as given.)

            Can one of the experienced researchers on this list recommend a
            well-researched ancestry for Brigham Young, which I hope will include
            Rowland Young? Thank you.

            Dolly in Maryland USA
          • Steve Fox
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 5, 2003
              I don't know the answer to this problem. You may need to contact a center with
              a similar set up and see how they are working.

              Steve

              >>> unclefred@... 02/03/03 02:38PM >>>