Re: [FHCNET] Need help in a hurry

  • Dee Ziegler
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 30, 2013
      Bob, the quick answer is, use the U.S. censuses 1790-1940 (except 1890,
      only fragments exist) at familysearch.org, free to anyone anywhere, for
      indexes, transcripts and some images. You won't get actual images
      (original, handwritten pages) for all censuses. For the ones not at
      familysearch.org, go to ancestry.com, a pay site but it is FREE from
      computers at Family History Centers, so try to do your name-gathering at
      your FHC. You'll need to ask FamilySearch support where to find
      instructions on preparing names for the temple. I wish you success.
      Dee in Maryland
      ====

      On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Bob Royer <robtwroyer@...> wrote:

      > I was informed yesterday that I would help the ladies of my wards Relief
      > Society get names to go to take to the temple. I would like to know how to
      > access the United States Census, and also to use the newer programs that
      > have been set up in the past 5 years. I also want to get back into working
      > with the members and patrons to get start working on their Family History.
      > The main thing now is to access the census so I can get them some names to
      > take to the temple.

    • Paul Walworth
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 6, 2013
        You can always send in your request to support that is what they are there for amount a lot of other things.  But they will not know if you do not make a request.

        Paul
        in Texas