RE: [FHCNET] Good Quality Screen Shots

  • Shanna Jones
    Message 1 of 19 , May 16, 2013
      I use Snipping Tool

      http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/snipping-tool

      It works great.

      From: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FHCNET@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Greg
      Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:02 PM
      To: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [FHCNET] Good Quality Screen Shots

      Does anyone know how to produce high quality screen shots to be used in
      training classes?

      Message 2 of 19 , May 16, 2013
        The Snipping Tool is found in your Accessories folder in Windows7.

        Miles Meyer
        Jacksonville, FL

        "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get
        better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

        On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Shanna Jones <shannasjones@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I use Snipping Tool
        >
        > http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/snipping-tool
        >
        > It works great.

      • Snow, Donald R
        Message 3 of 19 , May 16, 2013
          I use FastStone Capture 5.3, the last freeware version. It can be set
          for the same as the screen DPI or all the way up to 600 DPI. You can get
          it from several websites including
          http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/mmedia/FastStoneCapture.html .
          Version 5.3 is still free, but all later versions are shareware. 5.3
          still works great. I use it all the time since it has so many
          features. It's described in several of my class notes on
          http://uvtagg.org/classes/dons/dons-classes.html .

          Don

          --
          Dr. Donald R. Snow, Retired Professor of Mathematics
          Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah - snowd@...

        • Bill Buchanan
          Message 4 of 19 , May 16, 2013
            Greg, I use the free Irfanview software. It can be setup to take screen
            shots when you press a hotkey, if you need to capture a series of shots in
            a short time span. Or for individual shots you can press PrtScr and then
            paste into Irfanview to crop unwanted areas from the top or bottom.

            Bill Buchanan
            blog: http://billbuchanan.blogspot.com

            On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM, Greg <gpford5@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Does anyone know how to produce high quality screen shots to be used in
            > training classes?

          • Greg
            Message 5 of 19 , May 17, 2013
              Thank you all for your help. I have using win XP & Irfanview, but haven't been too satisfied with the results. I'll look more closely at your suggestions. Thanks.

              Sent from my iPad
            • Emil O. Hanson
              Message 6 of 19 , May 17, 2013
                At the Ogden Center we use Fast Stone Capture and are very satisfied with
                our results. Emil

                --
                Emil O. Hanson

              • ldrew
                Message 7 of 19 , May 17, 2013
                  If you use Chrome, the Awesome Screen Shot extension is probably the best tool available.

                  It allows you do some editing including adding text, etc.

                  --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gpford5@...> wrote:

                  > Does anyone know how to produce high quality screen shots to be used in training classes?

                • Carol Riner Everett
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 23, 2013
                    A couple of weeks ago someone posted a link to a page on FamilySearch that listed 10 things you can do.  I thought I had kept the link, but I cannot find it.

                    Help, please??

                    Families Are Forever
                    Carol Riner Everett

                    Cary, NC

                  • William Rigtrup
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 23, 2013
                      go to the blog page it is there

                      On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Carol Riner Everett <
                      c_riner_everett@...> wrote:

                      > **
                      >

                      > A couple of weeks ago someone posted a link to a page on FamilySearch that
                      > listed 10 things you can do. I thought I had kept the link, but I cannot
                      > find it.
                      >
                      > Help, please??
                      >
                      > Families Are Forever
                      > Carol Riner Everett
                      >
                      > Cary, NC

                      *Carl Rigtrup*
                      425 271-1614

                    • Phoebe Stages
                      Message 10 of 19 , May 24, 2013
                        Well, the blog and I aren't working well together ... I did a search and got lots ... but I couldn't find a list, so I guess I need help ... maybe I wasn't in the blog ... maybe I didn't work my search correctly, so I would appreciate some guidance ...

                        Thank you,
                        Phoebe Stages

                        ________________________________
                        c_riner_everett@...> wrote:

                        > **
                        >

                        > A couple of weeks ago someone posted a link to a page on FamilySearch that
                        > listed 10 things you can do.  I thought I had kept the link, but I cannot
                        > find it.
                        >
                        > Help, please??
                        >
                        > Families Are Forever
                        > Carol Riner Everett
                        >
                        > Cary, NC

                        *Carl Rigtrup*
                        425 271-1614

                        Message 11 of 19 , May 24, 2013
                          https://familysearch.org/blog/en/?s=10+things+to+do
                          ====

                          On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Phoebe Stages <pjstages@...> wrote:

                          > Well, the blog and I aren't working well together ... I did a search and
                          > got lots ... but I couldn't find a list, so I guess I need help ... maybe I
                          > wasn't in the blog ... maybe I didn't work my search correctly, so I would
                          > appreciate some guidance ...
                          >
                          > Thank you,
                          > Phoebe Stages
                          >

                          > ________________________________

                        • Carol Riner Everett
                          Message 12 of 19 , May 24, 2013
                            I have searched through the FamilySearch Blog, but cannot find it.  Any other suggestions?  I am wanted to prepare a PPT around that article.

                            Families Are Forever
                            Carol Riner Everett

                            ________________________________
                            c_riner_everett@...> wrote:

                            > **
                            >

                            > A couple of weeks ago someone posted a link to a page on FamilySearch that
                            > listed 10 things you can do.  I thought I had kept the link, but I cannot
                            > find it.
                            >
                            > Help, please??
                            >
                            > Families Are Forever
                            > Carol Riner Everett
                            >
                            > Cary, NC

                            *Carl Rigtrup*
                            425 271-1614

                          • Kathy Nevin
                            Message 13 of 19 , May 24, 2013
                              This is the closest thing I could find to it -
                              https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Create_a_Family_History

                              On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Carol Riner Everett <
                              c_riner_everett@...> wrote:

                              > **
                              >

                              > I have searched through the FamilySearch Blog, but cannot find it. Any
                              > other suggestions? I am wanted to prepare a PPT around that article.
                              >

                              > Families Are Forever
                              > Carol Riner Everett
                              >
                              > ________________________________

                            • William Rigtrup
                              Message 14 of 19 , May 24, 2013
                                http://www.lds.org/topics/family-history/family-history-is-for-everyone?lang=eng
                                nine fun ways to participate

                                On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Kathy Nevin <kathy.nevin@...> wrote:

                                > **
                                >

                                > This is the closest thing I could find to it -
                                > https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Create_a_Family_History
                                >
                                > On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Carol Riner Everett <
                                >
                                > c_riner_everett@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > > **
                                > >

                                > > I have searched through the FamilySearch Blog, but cannot find it. Any
                                > > other suggestions? I am wanted to prepare a PPT around that article.
                                > >

                                > > Families Are Forever
                                > > Carol Riner Everett
                                > >
                                > > ________________________________

                                *Carl Rigtrup*
                                425 271-1614

                              • Carol Riner Everett
                                Message 15 of 19 , May 24, 2013
                                  Yes, this is it ... but there were 9 things listed, not 10. No wonder I had trouble finding it.  :D

                                  Thanks for all the help!

                                  Families Are Forever
                                  Carol Riner Everett

                                  ________________________________
                                  > This is the closest thing I could find to it -
                                  > https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Create_a_Family_History
                                  >
                                  > On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Carol Riner Everett <
                                  >
                                  > c_riner_everett@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > **
                                  > >

                                  > > I have searched through the FamilySearch Blog, but cannot find it. Any
                                  > > other suggestions? I am wanted to prepare a PPT around that article.
                                  > >

                                  > > Families Are Forever
                                  > > Carol Riner Everett
                                  > >
                                  > > ________________________________

                                  *Carl Rigtrup*
                                  425 271-1614

                                • Phoebe Stages
                                  Message 16 of 19 , May 24, 2013
                                    Thank you ... lots of interesting ideas

                                    Phoebe

                                    ________________________________
                                    > This is the closest thing I could find to it -
                                    > https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Create_a_Family_History
                                    >
                                    > On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Carol Riner Everett <
                                    >
                                    > c_riner_everett@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > **
                                    > >

                                    > > I have searched through the FamilySearch Blog, but cannot find it. Any
                                    > > other suggestions? I am wanted to prepare a PPT around that article.
                                    > >

                                    > > Families Are Forever
                                    > > Carol Riner Everett
                                    > >
                                    > > ________________________________

                                    *Carl Rigtrup*
                                    425 271-1614

                                  • Janell Vasquez
                                    Message 17 of 19 , May 24, 2013
                                      One more link, though these aren't all on FamilySearch:

                                      http://ldsmediatalk.com/2013/05/15/10-ways-to-make-family-history-fun/

                                      > This is the closest thing I could find to it -
                                      > https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Create_a_Family_History
                                      >
                                      > On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Carol Riner Everett <
                                      >
                                      > c_riner_everett@...<mailto:c_riner_everett%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
                                      >
                                      > > **
                                      > >

                                      > > I have searched through the FamilySearch Blog, but cannot find it. Any
                                      > > other suggestions? I am wanted to prepare a PPT around that article.
                                      > >

                                      > > Families Are Forever
                                      > > Carol Riner Everett

                                      *Carl Rigtrup*
                                      425 271-1614