Re: [FHCNET] Re: Getting Help & BillionGraves

    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 21 12:13 PM
      Do send feedback, everyone, on all of the issues we're seeing.  The more they see they need to have something working, the faster it will get fixed.  The Wiki  needs a more prominent place, after all, I've heard that FHL staffers have saved hours and even days helping patrons by using the Wiki.  One I heard about said they had a patron come in, and it looked like it was going to take days or even a week to find what he/she needed to find someone.  Using the Wiki, it took only 30 minutes.  The patron found who/what they were looking for soon after.

      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 22 6:38 AM
        I sent off a "problem" notification this morning. Last night a note came from support saying that not being able to search by KD was a glitch, and that it was fixed. I checked this am and searching by KD number, or by KD title pulls up the infomation, but does not reference the KD number, which I reported as a problem. It's hard to share or reference information without the number. I also asked that a "revision" date be included, so we know when the information was provided. It would probably be best if the KD's could use the wiki structure, except confidentiality would be an issue.

        --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, James W Anderson <genealogy248@...> wrote:

        > Do send feedback, everyone, on all of the issues we're seeing.  The more they see they need to have something working, the faster it will get fixed.  The Wiki  needs a more prominent place, after all, I've heard that FHL staffers have saved hours and even days helping patrons by using the Wiki.  One I heard about said they had a patron come in, and it looked like it was going to take days or even a week to find what he/she needed to find someone.  Using the Wiki, it took only 30 minutes.  The patron found who/what they were looking for soon after.

      • Sue-smaxwl
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 22 5:13 PM
          I have been searching inside the record search all day. If someone is in Billion Graves then the record displays the index and a link is displayed taking you directly to the Billion Graves website.

          Sent from my iPhone