RE: [FHCNET] FamilySearch website changes

  • Sylvia H. Sonneborn
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2013
      I agree, Joan. My husband and I have given quite a few presentations on
      FamilySearch to the public (at least 15). I have one to do for the Lancaster
      Mennonite Historical Society Conference on May 11, and I have to redo my
      power point and also my handout. Unfortunately, the old handout is already
      in the syllabus. I am waiting a little to do the power point because it
      seems that just when I learn something in FS, something new pops up.

      I am still looking for easy ways to get into Wiki and the affiliate list
      with just a tab, but meanwhile I am going back to the old address
      wiki.familysearch.org to use the Wiki, and then I can go to the bottom of
      that page to Products to find the affiliate list and to download PAF (yes,
      we still have patrons that want that program). I can't seem to find direct
      access to some useful areas. I don't mind the modernization and all the
      colors and new tabs, but I wish there were a few more tabs for Learn and
      Products so that we did not have to use the convoluted methods described in
      some earlier posts. Dick Eastman gave a few addresses in a recent column on
      April 19. I just copy things like that and store them for further use.

      On the other hand, I love the new features of photos and stories. I won't
      have to use Find-a-Grave anymore. I can do my tributes right on Family Tree.

      Sylvia in York,PA

      Joan said:

      I had given a presentation on FS back in February to my local genealogy
      society. It was well received and I got 3 other requests to give the same
      presentation to their groups.

      Now with the FS change, I naturally have to redo the presentation. I hope I
      don't leave anything out.

      Joan in NC