FamilySearch website changes

  • Joan Raney
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2013
      I had given a presentation on FS back in February to my local genealogy society. It was well received and I got 3 other requests to give the same presentation to their groups.

      Now with the FS change, I naturally have to redo the presentation. I hope I don't leave anything out.

      Joan in NC

    • Paul Walworth
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21, 2013
        Joan,

        Leaving something out seems to have to happen as by the time you make your presentation new changes most likely will be made.

        Paul

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 21, 2013
          I agree, Joan. My husband and I have given quite a few presentations on
          FamilySearch to the public (at least 15). I have one to do for the Lancaster
          Mennonite Historical Society Conference on May 11, and I have to redo my
          power point and also my handout. Unfortunately, the old handout is already
          in the syllabus. I am waiting a little to do the power point because it
          seems that just when I learn something in FS, something new pops up.

          I am still looking for easy ways to get into Wiki and the affiliate list
          with just a tab, but meanwhile I am going back to the old address
          wiki.familysearch.org to use the Wiki, and then I can go to the bottom of
          that page to Products to find the affiliate list and to download PAF (yes,
          we still have patrons that want that program). I can't seem to find direct
          access to some useful areas. I don't mind the modernization and all the
          colors and new tabs, but I wish there were a few more tabs for Learn and
          Products so that we did not have to use the convoluted methods described in
          some earlier posts. Dick Eastman gave a few addresses in a recent column on
          April 19. I just copy things like that and store them for further use.

          On the other hand, I love the new features of photos and stories. I won't
          have to use Find-a-Grave anymore. I can do my tributes right on Family Tree.

          Sylvia in York,PA