Re: [FHCNET] Seattle, Washington FHC

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13 7:37 AM
      It's not that I disagree about this being a good idea, it's
      just that I try to keep up several websites, and so --

      Supporting/maintaining that level of detail from SLC would
      be difficult, I'd think. This way, the Director is
      responsible for keeping the basics up-to-date anyway so the
      main SLC site just pulls from that database to display.

      Putting in that at the Baton Rouge FHC New England experts
      are available on the 3rd Wednes of months with no R or on
      alternate 5th Fridays ... THAT requires hands-on coding and
      a lot of input from a director. If the director's going to
      spend that much time, may as well write one's own webpage,
      host it locally, and have more and faster control. And you
      get the word out about your FHC's own website by printing
      off business cards with your center's name, physical
      location, and URL. Heck, print those 3 lines on transparent
      return address labels and slap them on one of the free
      brochures from SLC and drop a pile at your local historical
      society or public library or even the 7-11 you frequent.
      Send a press release to the local newspaper once in a while,
      get yourself listed with the local Visitors Center ... Make
      it easy for someone to trip over you. (g)

      Cheryl in DC