Re: [FHCNET] Re: Easter and Family History and Christ

  • tinster2
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 2, 2013
      If you go back to the "good old days", way back when,
      there was the Family Group Records Collection, 1942-1969,
      when every family group sheet submitted had a "family representative".

      I was a family representative. I can find Temple Work on these
      sheets that shows up as not available on the new Family Tree.
      Very discouraging to say the least. I am not an attorney, but,
      over the years, I've worked over a lot a court records and also
      had the opportunity to be an "expert witness" in the verification
      of a descending pedigree that involved millions in inheritance.
      Promises to the ancient fathers is "inheritance" to their posterity.
      [he shall plant in the hearts of the children the promisesmade
      to the fathers]. So, until and unless the Spirit of Elijah plants,
      there is No hope, No change in attitude, No active effort, period!

      My opinion, from my experience, and I think this holds on both
      sides of the veil, is that the records themselves are the key, not
      how or to whom they relate. I think this is highlighted by D&C 111;
      namely, [Another treasure available in Salem, Massachusetts,
      was the records of Essex County, where one could “inquire diligently
      concerning the more ancient inhabitants and founders of this city”]

      The message to me is clear, because the Lord, in the D&C,
      over and over again, uses examples that apply universally.
      Namely, we are to build up Zion and her Stakes. Thus, every
      Stake of Zion has treasures available and should we not “inquire
      diligently concerning the more ancient inhabitants and founders
      of" _____ (insert your stake region)? What does diligent mean?
      Who is truly responsible for the genealogy and family history
      of the inhabitants and founders of _____ ? Who should exercise
      the priesthood power of validation of the accuracy of all temple
      ordinance work being conducted in the Temples worldwide, as
      it concerns each and every Stake of Zion? When conflicts arise,
      in the submission process, the primary and secondary source
      records, under local jurisdiction, should then become the "court
      of last resort", to validate what pedigree is correct and to whom
      all valid temple ordinance work should be connected thereto.

      In conclusion, I was exceedingly pleased with the last "Tech"
      conference. In particular, with the concern coming out of SLC
      for both the living and the dead. www.academic-genealogy.com/
      has, for free, for anyone who really, really wants to look at it;
      seriously, been set up, beginning way back in 1997, with these
      current objectives in mind; the combination of the living and dead;
      on a world wide basis, such as: Living Family and Fun Portal

      Respectfully yours,
      V. Chris & Tom Tinney, Sr.

      P.S. I find in D&C Section 138, the most impressive:
      35 And so it was made known among the dead,
      both small and great, the unrighteous as well as the faithful,
      that redemption had been wrought through the sacrifice
      of the Son of God upon the cross. All those many, many years,
      when the faithful sons and daughters of God waited, without
      bodies, must have taught them personally about forgiveness
      and prepared them for compassionate service for all mankind.