Re: [FHCNET] new subject - Family Tree Problems

  • Len Ingermanson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 4:38 PM
      The IOUS's will remain a problem until the tie between nFS and Family Tree
      is severed. Right now, Here is the way the merge process works. When you
      look for and find possible duplicates and then attempt to perform the merge
      function. Family Tree looks at nFS and if the names could not be combined
      in nFS, Family Tree will not merge the two names. The engineers are still
      working on how Family Tree will merge these large records. Until they
      develop the solution, you need to keep track or a record of those who fall
      into this category. There are some other problems with merging. We come
      across a number of individuals who have two Church membership records,
      which you can not merge. Here is a clue on identifying an individual who is
      tied to a Church membership record: if the PID starts with KW or K2, it is
      usually a membership record. You can verify this by looking at the
      combined records for a person, the first record of the combined records
      will list the contributor as: Membership Record. Just some food for
      thought.
      Len Ingermanson