Re: New Family History Callings Site on LDS.org

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 18, 2013
      Sitting tight in transition is a good idea. I checked the page this morning, of course after I sent in the Q, and the Consultant's guide is posted. I still have Q 2.

      --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gpford5@...> wrote:

      > You may noticed that when you go to FS.org/serve or /consultant that you
      > are rerouted to LDS.org/callings. This is part of a plan to migrate to
      > the callings site (from /serve) and to add new and and improved online
      > training content for family history consultants.
      > Does anyone know more about this? I specifically have two questions:
      > 1) I have been to the site and can't find where a person can specify
      > their status (consultant, director, etc). Did I miss it, or does it no
      > longer make a difference.
      > 2) I don't see where a consultant can download "The Family History
      > Consultant's Guide. " I can find it via help, KD, but don't see it at
      > the new site.
      > If anyone knows the answers to these questions, I would appreciate it.
      > I suspect we need to sit tight...however, when we make a transition, it
      > would be helpful to know where the "old stuff" can be found on the new.

    • Greg
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 18, 2013
        Thank you...should have known!

        --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, Bill Buchanan <genealogistbuchanan@...> wrote:

        > Greg,
        >
        > On the page (https://www.lds.org/callings/temple-and-family-history), if
        > you click on the link "New to your calling? Register for the FamilySearch
        > Newsletter"
        > It should take you to your Preferences, where you can specify your calling.
        >

        > As you say, things are in transition and it may take a while to get it all
        > together again. Don't be shy about using the Feedback link on the site.
        >

        > Bill Buchanan
        >
        > On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Greg <gpford5@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > You may noticed that when you go to FS.org/serve or /consultant that you
        > > are rerouted to LDS.org/callings. This is part of a plan to migrate to
        > > the callings site (from /serve) and to add new and and improved online
        > > training content for family history consultants.
        > > Does anyone know more about this? I specifically have two questions:
        > > 1) I have been to the site and can't find where a person can specify
        > > their status (consultant, director, etc). Did I miss it, or does it no
        > > longer make a difference.
        > > 2) I don't see where a consultant can download "The Family History
        > > Consultant's Guide. " I can find it via help, KD, but don't see it at
        > > the new site.
        > > If anyone knows the answers to these questions, I would appreciate it.
        > > I suspect we need to sit tight...however, when we make a transition, it
        > > would be helpful to know where the "old stuff" can be found on the new.

        > > _

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 18, 2013
          fyi, I got to profile, and I can't find my way out except logging off. I tried feedback and it isn't working.

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 18, 2013