RE: [FHCNET] uncombining in FSFT

  • Shanna Jones
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 6, 2013
      See Knowledge Document 106612

      From: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FHCNET@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Leslie Vaughn
      Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2013 7:08 AM
      To: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [FHCNET] uncombining in FSFT

      I am very frustrated. Someone has combined the wrong people and would like
      to uncombine them. Of course, we cannot do that in nfs anymore.

      How do I do that in FSFT?

      I know how to delete a relationship, but I don't want to do that. I just
      want to uncombine. If I delete a relationship, it seems that it would
      destroy the family unit that was made using the right person.

      Mary Elizabeth Swinehammer PID K8TQ-8TV is attached to the right parents
      and to one of the right husbands Joseph A Kizer.

      However she was never married to John Boehner. He was married to an
      Elizabeth Swinehammer but not just this one. Apparently the wrong one was
      combined into my Mary Elizabeth.

      I have looked in vain for directions on how to do this.

      Thanks

      Leslie Vaughn

    • Leslie Vaughn
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 6, 2013
        So how do I get to Knowledge documents? I have searched on family search's
        help menu and from the learn menu and cannot find them. It seems I have
        seen them before, but don't know how to find them again.

        GRRR &*^**%$%#@$^$#@**^$#!@^&*_(

        Leslie

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 6, 2013
          Go to familysearch.org, click Help, type the document number (106612) into the search box and click Search. The document is called "A record has information for more than one person".
          Rebecca Read.

          To: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com

          From: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com

          [mailto:FHCNET@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf

          Of

          Leslie Vaughn

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 6, 2013
            You can always contact support and ask for the KD

            Paul

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 6, 2013
              Thanks, it worked!
              I had been typing in Knowledge document 106612 and only things referencing
              that KD came up, not the actual one.

              Is there a link to all the knowledge documents by name so we can browse
              them?

              Thanks

              From: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 6, 2013
                Thank you so much Len for the great explanation. I did as you instructed so
                let's see what happens.

                I also appreciate your thoughts about keeping nfs as a read only for the
                reasons you state. I also sent a separate email to support making the
                argument to keep nfs for the reason you mentioned.

                Another reason for keeping nfs if only as a read only is that when a record
                transitions over, only the summary information is going with it. The
                summary information may not be correct or the most complete information.
                As an example Lucy Ann Jones has several names in her file. For example:
                Lucy A. Jones, Lucy Jones and Lucy. If Lucy is the most recent entry or if
                it is in the summary then her middle name and her last name won't float to
                family search family tree. Another example is a date of 3 February 1809 but
                there are other entries is feb 1809, abt 1808, aft 1805, bef 1815. Whatever
                is in the summary is going to make it to family tree. It could be bef 1815.
                I have seen both of these examples where Lucy and bef 1815 have gone to
                family tree when there was fuller information.

                Thanks again, Ken

                Leslie Vaughn

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 6, 2013
                  I think we should all vote to have Len Ingermanson be put in charge of FSFT ... Thanks for you insights and knowledge!
                  DL Melville

[...]

                  On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 7:07 AM, Leslie Vaughn mailto:Leslievaughn%40cfl.rr.com
                  >wrote:

                  > K8TQ-8TV

                • Leslie Vaughn
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 6, 2013
                    If this were a Facebook post, I’d hit like a dozen times.