FT/nFS sync, and other news, also Re: [FHCNET] Re: FT and nFS sync

    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 3, 2012
      The bug you mention with the 'set summaries' feature in AQ where nFS tries to do that when you tell AQ to do that is a known big bug, and they are working on that plus a major problem with the merge functions.

      Ron Tanner spoke Saturday night in north Provo and said the merge function bug showed up late in the week, and that appears to coincide with that other issue, and other reports of the merge function problem reported here.

      Before the world can get Family Tree, both have to be fixed.

      They also have to be sure they can handle the traffic.  Right now they can handle 6,000 simultaneous users working on something in the Tree at any given moment.  They want to be able to handle 60,000 simultaneous users.

      They need to have the Helper function up and running.

      They need to port over any notes and sources you put into nFS, and fashion the sources porting so that it creates a source in the right places in the boxes you would normally input things when creating sources in Family Tree now.

      They have to get the APIs to the third-party people, I've heard anywhere from a few weeks to more than a month from now.

      They apply fixes to the front-end, what you see as the interface when you work in Family Tree, three times a day, and work on the data end roughly weekly.  Two different groups are involved.

      Indexing was mentioned.  3 percent of the vault has been indexed, while 20 percent of the vault has been digitized, so more indexers are needed.

      Future features:

      If you use Ancestry you've seen the 'Hints' where they show you possible document matches, they are looking at something similar.

      Fan chart:  How would you like to print those directly from within Family Tree?   Heard about that one two months ago and it's still on the table.

      Some other matters about members having died and no one having access to the temple reservation list, they are working on a couple of ideas for resolving that.  In the meantime, if you have a person in your family die and know they have names reserved, call support, they will ask a few questions, etc., and then move things over, but they have to do each name one at a time although once confirmed they'll do the rest as well.  A solution to make even that go faster may be in the works too.

      A way for families to share living individuals with each other for loading items that go with that ancestor, much like how it's done with deceased ancestors now.  How this will work will be you'll let them know which people on Family Tree can see and do what with the living ancestors including yourself.  Someone will have one thing and someone else another, that way when you're gone and you show up as having died the information will be there in the sources, etc.

    • DL Melville
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 4, 2012
        Does anyone know if the Merge function in Family Tree has been fixed ?

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 5, 2012
          It failed yesterday when I tried it.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Dec 5, 2012, at 1:38 AM, DL Melville <dlmelville1999@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know if the Merge function in Family Tree has been fixed ?

        • Shanna Jones
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 5, 2012
            Yes, it has been fixed.