Re: [FHCNET] importing names into FamilyTree

  • Margaret Thompson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2012
      Ancestral Quest has a free basics version that is free (to use at home) that
      can be used to upload the family to nFS/Familytree.

      I am glad to hear someone else is having issues reserving sealings through
      the wife. I too have had to do it through the husband.

      Thanks to all for their insight and help.

      Margaret

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 25, 2012
        Thanks to all who responded.

        Cynthia

        Ancestral Quest will use PAF files without changing them. If he was able to use AQ at the FHC or in someone's home he would be able to upload those files. Alternatively, he could create a GedCom and upload it to nFS and it would show up in Tree. I am still able to "merge" in nFS using my AQ. He must make sure that the correct designation is given to each parent adopted/biological also.

        I assume he could upload a GedCom to FSTree. As yet I have had no changes with the exchange of info with AQ and nFS with one exception. I can only request marriage sealings through the husband, I get an error message when doing so through the wife.

        Lois Casson
        Pensacola, FL FHC

        On 11/25/2012 11:36 AM, Cynthia Wells wrote:

        > I have a FH Sunday School class member who is adopted. His NFS records
        > have him attached to his adopted family. He wants to add his birth
        > family pedigree from his PAF into the new Family Tree. He never added
        > these records to NFS. What is the best way, if any, to import his
        > birth family information into Family Tree? To the best of his
        > knowledge from years of research he has not found any Temple work done
        > for his birth family. He does not want to add each individual separately.
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Cynthia
        > Charlotte Central Stake FHC

        -----