Re: [FHCNET] Family Tree Transition

  • DL Melville
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2012
      I hope not ...(my opinion) the Temple Tracking function in Family Tree is a "regression" from what we had in nFS. For example, we can sort by column headings, etc.

      From: mailto:dlmelville1999%40yahoo.com
      Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 21:53:30 -0700
      Subject: [FHCNET] Family Tree Transition

            Has anyone heard that the transition from nFS to Family Tree will occur on Nov 1st?  If so, what does this all mean?

      thanks

      DL Melville

    • Rebecca Read
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2012
        In the last few minutes I added a new ancestor and successfully reserved her ordinances while in nFS, so it appears that has not yet been shut down.
        To: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com
        From: genealogy248@...
        Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 23:50:38 -0700

        ________________________________

        Rebecca Read.To: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com

        From: dlmelville1999@...

        Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 21:53:30 -0700

        Has anyone heard that the transition from nFS to Family Tree will occur on Nov 1st? If so, what does this all mean?

        thanks

        DL Melville

      • Len Ingermanson
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2012
          Last night at 10:00 pm (Salt Lake time) Family Tree was turned on for users
          of new.familysearch. Combining and Uncombining in nFS was turned off.
          Family Tree is a limited functioning program as of right now. The reason
          FT is limited to nFS users is to see the impact on the servers of more
          users logging on. If the servers function properly, the program will
          opened worldwide. No time frame for that happening has been set. As far
          as being able to sort in the FT temple list has been heavily requested of
          the engineers, so hopefully that will become available later. If there are
          any who have not used FT, log in on familysearch and go to the Help page
          and review the videos and other training materials and the Reference Guide.
          The Reference Guide is continually being updated, so it would benefit
          everyone to keep checking it. Some of the updates coming will be deleting
          individuals, changing genders, adding pictures/images. If people find
          discrepancies or strange information, please send in feedback so the
          program can be fixed/improved.
          Len Ingermanson